[cardiff-mag-list] [mag-south-wales-region-list] Penarth 20 MPH Limit

garethbudding at tinyworld.co.uk garethbudding at tinyworld.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 15:33:11 GMT 2013

Hi Phil, there is already a 20mph limit in use in Burry Port most of
the side streets where people will do 20mph anyway, but the council
have spent 558,000 in pembrey alone installing speed bumps and islands
and all sorts, my suspension is shot to pieces along with loads more
thats been complaining about them its not that we driving too fast its
the constant up and down of them, i been living here 15 years and can
only think of one serious accident and that was down to the driver
being a complete idiot anyway, so the bumbs and islands and all the
other stuff is not going to achieve a great deal only spend our tax
money

list at mag-uk.org>, "carmarthen-mag-list at mag-uk.org"<carmarthen-mag-
list at mag-uk.org>, "cardiff-mag-list at mag-uk.org"<cardiff-mag-list at mag-uk.
org>

>Subj: Re: [mag-south-wales-region-list] Penarth 20 MPH Limit

>My semi-literate comment on the Green site awaits moderation.... :)

>"Iif you really believe that introducing a blanket limit will alert

>drivers to dangers of bumping into vulnerable road users, and be

>environmentally friendly, you might benefit from doing some research.
It’s

>a fact that driving at a steady slow speed is hypnotic, and if 20mph

>becomes a “target” speed in peoples’ minds they will often be driving
too

"

>> Hi Phil, thanks for your support, the Greens are already jumping on
the

>> band waggon see below

>> http://gpgpenarth.org.uk/2013/01/25/20s-plenty-for-penarth/
>>

>> the problem I've got is that as far as I know I'm the "only
MAG member in
>> the village" so I'm are going to need all the help I
can get.

>> I'm going to try my best to get the the next Cardiff Mag meting to
rally

>> support, but in the mean time pleaseALL of you to start complaining
to the

>> Vale Council about this, the greens are already telling them how
wonderful

>> this idea is , we have got to act fast to try and stop this before
its too

>> late, mark my words if this crazy plan gets the go-ahead its going

>> spread thought the region.............you have been warned !!!!

>> Mike m

>> ________________________________

>> From: Phil McFadden <phil.mcfadden at mag-uk.org>

>> To: Mike Mallen <mike.mallen at btinternet.com>

nonsense!

>> I'm not sure it'sworth anyone living or working outside Glamorgan
writing

>> to their Councillors & MP about... perhaps best target your own
area. What

>> do others think?

>> This is the 1st time this list has been used to my knowledge. Is it

>> sending to all?

>> (avalanche of replies?)

>> Phil

>>> Hi all,

>>> I know for those of you that do not live in Penarth this will not
affect

>>> you directly YET ! but the Vale Council are proposing what could be

>>> blanket 20 MPH speed limit thought the local area.

>>> Some residential streets are so narrow that even 20 is too fast so
in

>>> quiet residential its OK to lower the limit, as we know drivers
and

>>> riders

>>> should always drive to the road conditions anyway, 30 is just a
upper

>>> limit, not a you must drive a this speed, this is the problem if
the

>>> limit

>>> is reduced most drivers are going to think I'm doing 20 therefore
I'm

>>> good

>>> ,I'm safe and switch off, disaster waits.

>>> If we must have a 20 limit then in my opinion the main roads/ bus
routs

>>> etc must be left at 30, i have written to the council and my MP
with my

>>> concerns, and i hope if you feel strongly about this you Will do
the

>>> same.

>>> If you think "its only Penarth whats the problem " if this gets
the

>>> go-ahead 20 limits will start spreading it will be Grange-town
next.

>>> Here is the link to the Vale's proposals, if you need any more info
or

>>> http://www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk/our_council/council/minutes,_agendas_and_reports/reports/cabinet/2013/13-01-21/safer_communities.aspx

region-list at mag-uk.org